VB/VPB-135
Commissioned on 15 February 1943 at Ault Field, Whidbey Island, WA.
The nucleus of the Squadron was obtained from a decommissioned PBY squadron, VP-42, that itself was formed from the VP-17. The VP-17 made an impressive record in the defense of Dutch Harbor when it was attacked by a Japanese task force in June 1942. VB-135 became the first Navy PV-1 Squadron in the Pacific, and the Western Aleutians.